Saturday, September 1, 2007

I win!!!

You know that fight we were having? The one about whether or not we should be going to a hopping, happing place for a glamour lunch?... the one that I didn't want to dress up for? Well, I gave in... fine, I thought. A dress shirt to shut him up (I'm exaggerating... kinda). Ryan, as always, did a ton of research and decided that we should go to a 1:00 p.m. reservation at the Zagat recommended Mirabelle Restaurant, in a hotel around the corner. PHEW!!! Good thing we made a reservation!

Here's a picture of ALL of the people at the restaurant...

Here is a picture of all of the patrons on the terrace...

And... here is a picture of the view...


Beautiful... simply stunning (FYI: Enter sarcasm after every word). Anyway, we ate... I waited... I dared not say anything... I waited for him... AND I WON!!! (Play victory music NOW!!!). Brutal! Waste of money! Chaffing on my inner thighs thanks to dress pants and 30 degrees in addition to paying WAY TOO MUCH money for lunch. Seriously, I needed a Big Mac once all is said and done.

To Ry's credit, the food was good... but both of us would agree that it wasn't worth it. Our waiter took a picture but it didn't turn out very well (see below). In fact, Ryan decided that since lunch was so brutal, it was our waiter's duty to stand there until he got a good picture. Well, he got a good picture but the exposure is terrible. Oh well... I suppose the dark exposure hides our man-boobs.

Anyway, that's all for now. Since our last mortgage payment went to pay for some lame ass lunch, we will be dining at McDonald's tonight (we're not kidding, and we're REALLY looking forward to it!!!) and be waking up at 4:00 a.m. to make our flight to Frankfurt. Thanks for your comments... we loved them. We might be able to send one from the airport in Germany (we have a 5 hour layover).

Bye for now... XOXO

P.S. Ryan thinks this post makes him look bad, so I am obligated to add the following clip to make him feel better...

No comments: