Saturday, January 5, 2008

Argentina: Our favorite trip ever.

Jess and I have now slipped back into our regular routines and are looking forward to our next big trip in July/August for 3 weeks visiting Istanbul, Budapest, Krakow and Berlin. Until then we will be working our butts off.

This trip to Argentina has been our favorite trip so far....why did we love it so much?

*There is such a variety of sites to see.

*The remote Perito Mereno glacier was stunning and unlike anything we had seen before.

*The jungle around Iguazu and the falls were amazing, hot and humid with the strangest animals, bugs, lizards and birds.

*The wines of Mendoza were delicious. There is something special about sampling the wines of the vineyard as the Andes mountains tower of in the distance.

*The people are all so super friendly and really seem to appreciate the business tourists bring.

*Prices are super reasonable, a very nice dinner with the best wine might set you back $90. Many items are 1/3 the price we would pay back at home in Canada. A private car and driver in Mendoza for only $100 for a full 10 hour day of wine tasting.

*They love their meat and wine....a perfect diet as far as I'm concerned.

*The hotels in Buenos Aires and Mendoza were absolutely stunning and by far the best we have ever stayed at. They really know how to pamper you.

We would love to return some day but before then we have a long list of places we want to visit.
So that's it for the blog for now. If you loved Jess' humor and wit be sure to check out his blog "Inarticulate Fumblings"

4 comments:

Mike Bunker said...

Honey ....

You forgot to add that "Mike and Marc" were a highlight .... minimum!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Fran said...

Stopping by after visiting Inarticulate Fumblings.

Wow- Argentina. How I have longed to go!

And your upcoming trip sounds wonderful. I have been to Krakow- fabulous and Budapest - also fabulous and Berlin... yes, you guessed it fabulous. I have yet to get to my Berlin chapter, but you can read of some adventures here in which I am traveling with real life friend and fellow blogger Distributorcap.

I do have a good story about my crazy night with a group of gay men on a hot night in Budapest, including insane visit to drag bar. Drag bar in which the requisite arts of hair removal and "tucking" had not yet been fully learned.

Oh but what a night we had.

If I can find the words to relay it well, I will blog it.

Anonymous said...

When are you guys leaving?