Sunday, August 3, 2008

One Last Day In Krakow

We had no schedule today which doesn't happen very often. We slept in this morning until 7:30 a.m. and went out on the town square with our camera and tripod to get our shot together in Krakow. There was already a bunch of people making their way out of their hotels so we weren't able to get one by ourselves. Oh well. Sleeping in was worth it.
Today we went to the Wawel Castle which is located 1o minutes walk from our hotel on the edge of the old city. We toured the state rooms as well as the treasury which, to our disappointment was void of diamonds and other sparkly things. If there had been some, the two tours might have taken us more than 40 minutes. Then again, I think we spent the same amount of time in the Louvre. We're speedy when it comes to thousands of years of history. We have an innate ability to just 'get it' without reading any of the descriptions as we walk past the various works of art, B-lining it for the restaurant located by the exit of the building.
Yesterday, we decided to have lunch at Taco Mexicano which is street level at our hotel. We both ordered a chicken burrito. Shouldn't be difficult. Here's what we got:
Now, maybe you think it doesn't look that bad. I didn't think so either. I was also very happy to see a vegetable or two come with it. Then we took our first bite. The sauce you see on there? THOUSAND ISLANDS DRESSING. So sick. I did my best to scrape it off but was totally grossed out. I was further grossed out because Ryan was smacking his lips like the Wolf looking at Little Red Ridinghood. He scraped the sauce off my plate and ate it... I didn't even have my hat and dark glasses handy. I suppose I can just be happy he didn't run upstairs for his ketchup.

Speaking of foodstuffs, we found some new drinks at the local supermarket. The Green Lime Beer wasn't too bad but a bit too sweet, the Red Fruits Beer was total ass and tasted like alcoholic Hawaiian Punch and the Desperados... well, that was just delicious. How can you go wrong with tequila flavored beer?
Apart from that, we did our best to take some more inappropriate photos at various sites throughout the city, and chill out by the square. I finished my last book which ended up being a pretty good read and went shopping for a new one yesterday. I picked up 'Affluenza' by Oliver James (2007). I've only read the first 100 pages or so but you need to read it. So far, it's been a fantastic reality check.
We leave here tomorrow morning for Berlin so we'll post once we're there. If you're interested, here's a little video Ryan took out of our hotel room window that shows you the main square in Krakow.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a striking couple, love the first picture.

Ugh, 1,000 islands on a burrito, just not right.

Jess, I think the books you read are just too deep for me, except Chelsea Handler. Went to buy it, only hard cover, so will have to wait till it's out in soft, somethings I can cheap out on.

Have a good trip to Berlin.....

HopSkipJump said...

Mum's the word: Hi mom! Thousand islands on a burrito is amazing...take a bottle with you to Taco Time and enjoy. I will send you the Chelsea book when we get home, you will love it.

Anonymous said...

Ryan, no need to send book, you will be over here Sept 5, remember.
Got the 3 cabins for 2 nights....
You REALLY are serious about the thousand islands, ARE you my child???????

Whiskeymarie said...

That "burrito' is horrifying and wrong on 36 different levels.

*dalyn said...

ummm.... let me guess... you cant turn that music off can you?? oh my god id go insane. *d

Gucci Muse said...

I liked the video and the music-so much atmosphere.

The thousand islands dressing-I guess it would be mexipol type of dining.

Mob said...

Why does anyone still make Thousand Island dressing, it was disgusting when I was a child, I'm sure it's not getting any better.

Unknown said...

Hey sweeties - looks like you are having a great time.
Tequila added to beer sounds absolutely brilliant... if you don't have to work the next day or, you know, breathe in and out too rapidly. That + thousand island dressing on a burrito (shudder) is CRAZY.
I had a few too many Desperados with a friend a few summers ago (in Skatchawon, no less). We couldn't resist the cute bottles. The next day we both had trouble ...well, doing pretty much anything. She had to board a plane that morning, poor gal.
Hope you fared better!
Keep writing - I'm loving the vicarious travel.

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести кино
для сайта ahopskipandajump.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel