Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Buon Giorno!

Hello everyone! We are going to do our best to try and send you information from our first few hours here in Italy. As soon as we got online, we realized that Blogger.com comes up in Italian. I'm sure that changing the language is relatively easy but making a small change in another language is infinitely more difficult (There is no section in the travel dictionaries with a 'blogging difficulties' chapter).

Well, we've officially been here for 26 hours. Before I get into the details of Italy, let's start with the flight. I thought it was fantastic... but I have to remind myself that I am writing for the both of us. So I'll start again... apart from Ryan being upset with the lack of cheese service on the flight, everything else was spectacular. If one was to get particular about minor details, we could elaborate about the flight attendants being very... German... no nonsense... and not at all into fashion like the girls from Japan Airlines that we saw waiting at the airport with perfect outfits, perfect hair-buns, and perfect make-up. However, all in all we have no complaints.

We got into Rome, and were picked up by a driver who drove us to the "Fourty-Seven" hotel. It was a relatively short trip but when we finally arrived, it was very nice to be in air conditioning. The thirty(+) degrees is something that we are definately not used to in Vancouver. The private patio off of our room is fantastic though, even if it means direct sun with no shade.
The first day we arrived, we wandered randomly, both exhausted from the time change but we still managed to see quite a few things (which shouldn't shock anyone that knows Ryan... especially his sister and mother who we just about killed in Paris last year), including the Pantheon and the Colosseum:










2 comments:

Melissavina said...

Welcome to Italy!!! Your trip looks fabulous so far. I have to say that I'd be tempted to keep the good seats too. I can't stand a cramped area for too long and start to go stir crazy. Maybe if I had one of those giant pillows that goes on the tray table and looks like a big wedge of cheese, maybe then I'd take the money and slum it with the po folk.

mama-mia said...

CIAO! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, and yes, I know only too well that Ryan does not let the grass grow under his feet. Gotta Go, gotta go! Enjoy the heat, we are in for what else, RAIN. Have fun!!!!
XO