Friday, December 14, 2007

Up, Up, And Away!

Hello people! Welcome back to our travel blog. It is the day before we leave for Argentina where we'll be staying for about two weeks. Today just happened to coincide with the release of Celine Dion's 'A New Day' DVD. Lord, help me. Ever tried to ensure that you've packed everything while 'My Heart Will Go On' is making hairline fractures in the walls?

As usual, Ryan has been busy planning. It's taken us awhile but we've managed to find a happy medium between his "10:23 - 10:25 - Bathroom Break" style of travel and my "why is it so bright... holy crap, it's noon!" style of travel. We've definitely got a busy itinerary (private city tour of Buenos Aires, icetreking in Patagonia, hiking the jungles of Iguazu Falls, and two days of wine tours in Mendoza) but I've managed to sneak in some chill time for us.

So, get this. Thanks to the practice Visa accumulating Aeroplan points, we're flying business class. More than enough reason to be happy. Well, when we looked online we realized that we'll be flying sitting on... or should I say lying on... these:
Can you believe that? If you would like a full tour and a play-by-play of how to recline the seat into a bed, go to this link (I would hate us too). We'll be flying from here to Toronto, then on to Santiago, Chile. Once we're there we'll finish off the 17.5 hours of flight time when we land in Buenos Aires.

That's where we'll leave it for now. We need to finish packing. I'll give you a better idea of what's going on once we're checked in at the airport tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, Oh my God,I can't wait!
Have a wonderful trip, hope the back holds up for you Jess.
You can bet I will be keeping in touch. Gotta go now and alert all my friends to tune in.

SleekPelt said...

I'd be stoked to be flying on that too! You guys have fun; I look forward to reading about the trip.

Ishmael said...

I do hate you for those gorgeous seats on your plane! Especially since Alaska Airlines tried their damnedest to bump me from my first class seat from Anchorage to Seattle and make up for it by bumping me to first for the 50-minute flight from Kodiak to Anchorage. The nerve.
Thanks for the add to your time well wasted list! You should make that an official award and have little icons we can put on our sites.
Have a great trip. What a great time of year to go, too.
Cheers,
Ish

Unknown said...

AAARGH! You're going on the Rio Parana and seeing the IguaƧu Falls! I am officialy the most jealous creature on the planet right now. You're living the dream man! May it be everything that you've dreamed. I'll be there one day. There are so many damn orchids in the trees on the nature trail there, you can see them in all the photos. I hate you, but I love you. But I hate you. But I love you.

Emily said...

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!

megabrooke said...

Have a fabulous trip! Those seats on the plane! wow! Enjoy it all!

Anonymous said...

I will be vicariously travelling along with you as I write my thesis on homelessness!

Nanette said...

I can already tell I'm going to be enjoying your trip from the comfort of my boring couch! Oh my, I'll just say that I'm very jealous of your extensive travel adventures. Have a great time fellas! :)