Thursday, July 23, 2009

For Leon

O.k. Leon, so maybe you have one of these in your apartment but I thought I'd post this picture for you anyway because I thought it was impressive; an orchid in the lobby of our hotel. The vase is about 3.5 feet high (I put my sunglasses at the base of it to give you some perspective) and the blooms are about 5 inches across. No moss, no nothing. Not sure how they are watering it, etc. but it's really impressive.

Needless to say, I want one. We're off to the outdoor flower market today... maybe I can bring one home as a carry-on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that is lavish! Thanks so much for sharing this with me. I think it's great that they are displaying the whole Vanda orchid, roots and all. And look at those bare-rooted Phalaenopsis on the table! Inventive and unusual, for sure.

This display could only have been made by a true orchid fanatic.

Gucci Muse said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

I want one as well. :)