Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bali And Bare Bottoms

Let's start with last night. If I started with right now, it would be anticlimactic. We went for light(er) dinner at a place called the New Asia Bar on floor 71 of the Swissotel. It was actually a great way to spend our last night in Singapore.
As great as our evening was, we had a bit of a situation our last night in Singapore. There was an extended family on our floor that had rented three rooms. There were children running up and down the hallways until midnight, they threw all of their trash and dirty room service dishes into the hallway and then on the last night, the patriarch decided it was time to start smoking on our non-smoking floor. Ignite Homo-Hurricane! The poor girl that had to come up and talk to those bitches. They were complete assholes (we were listening with our ear to the door, of course). The hotel actually comped 50% of our room rate that night and considering it was a 3 nights for 2 promotion, we actually did fairly well.

We flew to Bali economy on Singapore Airlines (we couldn't get this leg on points) and it was actually quite nice. Hot towels and a hot meal on a 2 hour flight... I mean, you're not going to get that flying on Westjet flying from Vancouver to Saskatoon. We chewed on our knees but hey, it was quick. We got to Bali at about noon and met our driver at the gate. After a quick 20 minute drive we were at The Four Season Jimbaran Bay "hotel." I say "hotel" because the property is absolutely enormous.
We were driven to our "room" on a golf cart because it was quite far away. It was quite far away because each "room" isn't a room. It's a PROPERTY. Watch this video at your own risk. It will ruin any pleasure from any hotel room you stay in ever again.

We went for lunch shortly after, checked out the property and resort pool, and took full advantage of our completely private pool.
You're welcome for the last picture (we plan on being naked the entire time we're here).

13 comments:

Cutes said...

ok after that video...and Ry naked, i actually think our friendship may be over! HOLY SH@#$%@#$%TTTTT!!!!!!! That room is SICK!!!!!! lucky bastards!!!!! Speechless......and stunning...soak it up guys!!!

Peech said...

Jess, I can somehow hear your voice say "And cue the opening of the champagne!! And Ry, make sure you put all those rose petals in the bathtub before I come into the room just so it looks nice in there!" Ha ha. I totally agree with Cutes over there - HOLY SH@#$%@#$%TTTTT!!!!! What a room. And what a life. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Walt's Gram said...

HOLY SH@#$%@#$%TTTT! Now that is a room/villa.
Thought for sure if those purple things hanging in the bathroom are robes that Cutes would be asking you to take one for her.
How on earth are you ever going to leave that, totally beautiful, the grounds and the pool, OMG!
This place is the perfect ending, hate to say that word, to a perfect vacation. Relax, I know you will, & think of us regular folks melting in the heat with no pool just a few steps away.
I am speechless at the beauty of it all.
XO

*dalyn said...

meh...

Anonymous said...

WOW, what can one say to that other than WOW!!!! Enjoy! At least there won't be any boom boom there!!!!!!!! Looking forward to all the adventures coming up you two! Alex

Melissavina said...

Eff. Bring me some soap.

Faith said...

homo-hurricane. Hahahaha.

Cutes said...

Oh my stars Sharon!! I didnt even notice the purple robes!! LOL, to busy drooling.....or hating....not sure which....Ginger!!! Score me a robe please :)

Gucci Muse said...

Homo Hurricane, I love it.

That video-that property-that pool-crap I would never leave-never. Good thing I will never get there to begin with, I think....

The rose petals where very pretty too!

yeah I can log in!

T.B. said...

Pfff

Unknown said...

OMG, it's the The Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay! The gardens are designed by Made Wijaya, my all-time favourite garden designer! So amazing. I'd love to take a shower out there in that manicured paradise.

Emily said...

Oh. my. gawd. Seriously, how can I get Josh to take up dentistry?

Paige Jennifer said...

After watching that video of the hotel, I cried. Unreal.

Last week, while traveling with my sister and her two kids, we stayed at a Comfort Inn off the highway. My 7yo nephew exclaimed (with his pants half undone as he exited the bathroom), "First a refrigerator, then a microwave and now a coffee maker?!?!? This place is awesome." In other words, you vacation a teensy bit differently than I do (wink).