Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One last day in Sayan!

Today is our last day/night at the Four Seasons Sayan before we move on to our last property and if I have done my planning correctly, we have saved the best for last. To be honest, we have stayed at some pretty amazing places so far on this trip but these last two Bali properties have been something else. The level of service here is mind blowing. Every staff member knows your name, even if you have never met them. We have asked a number of them how they know who we are and there answers vary from `I used to be in the FBI` (and then a chuckle) to `That is a secret of the Four Seasons.` Anyhow, it always impresses us. Yesterday we were in our buggy back from lunch at the Riverside restaurant and the driver asked if our villa was big enough with a huge smile on his face (it`s 2100 sq ft!) and we said YES it is big enough and he then proceeded to take us on a tour of the biggest villa on the property. Oh my god, 11000 sq ft, butlers quarters, freaking gorgeous!! Yesterday after dinner in our buggy back from dinner (we don`t walk anymore, fyi) we commented on the amazing smell of flowers in the air and the driver stopped the buggy and ran off into the darkness to pick us a flower so we could see where the smell was coming from. You get the picture, they can`t do enough for you here, every person from the gardener to the housekeeper has a huge smile and the best attitude you could imagine.
This is housekeeping, check out the woman balancing the basket on her head, impressive!!

Jess and I are torn as to whether we love our current Sayan (jungle) property or the Jimbaran (beach) property more. They are so different and both so gorgeous. I think which ever one you stay at first would have the most wow. The first time you step into a 2100 sq ft room with a private pool it kinda blows your mind. The 2nd time, its kinda like, uh huh, another private pool! (Joking!!)

During this trip Jess and I have taken up a new hobby, LAUNDRY!!! Check it out, you put some panties and a t-shirt in a bag and a few hours later this arrives, so fun!!!This morning I did find a MAJOR service flaw though, check out this photo:

The soap was not aligned in the soap dish by the bathtub!!! I was horrified and immediately called housekeeping to have someone come to the room to rectify the situation.

Also we had to contend with the following critters on the property:as well an numerous lizard and frogs but worst of all we found the following:

MORE GAYS!!!! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!

Truly though, I am a huge Four Seasons fan. The gorgeous properties and consistent service around the world are second to none. Jess and I have joked that one of goals is to stay at every Four Seasons in the world (12 down, 71 to go). That said, those stays at the properties in Saudi Arabia are going to be a little tricky. The choice is between getting beheaded or two twin beds, hmm, we`ll go with the twin beds.

Today Jess went to the spa and I went to the salon to have my hair styled:Actually, we both went to the spa and had a 90 minute facial. It was pure heaven, head massage, including hand and foot massage while we had our face mask. Again, so worth every cent and more!!!
After spa we went to the Ayung Terrace restaurant for some lunch and then back to enjoy our last day in our villa with cocktails and plunges!
This place truly is magical. In all the reviews I have read I heard that over and over and thought, ya right?? But it really is true, as I sat on our terrace overlooking the jungle I felt so sad we have to leave tomorrow.

Tonight we watched a Balinese dance performance and took dinner in our villa afterward. The performance was very "Girlie Show" Vogue, you people in the know know exactly what I mean.



Anyhow, off to Amankila tomorrow for the grand finale, super excited!!!!!

Looks like the typhoon heading this way should hit just about the time we are heading home, great, I hate bumpy airplane rides, makes it so hard to drink my red wine!!

11 comments:

Cutes said...

Wow, I cant wait to see your next villa!!! Bali is beautiful, And the typhoon will be hitting us on friday, cant wait!
Im so glad you are having a good time Ry, and I cant believe you havent come in contact with any mother f-ing cockroaches......nasty buggers! I like you seeing you enjoying this side of the world, cause I know you are a wine and dine guy, and the places and things you have done are so the opposite, i mean, holy crap! you went swimming!!!!!! love you guys....cant wait for the next blog :)

Cutes said...

Wow, I cant wait to see your next villa!!! Bali is beautiful, And the typhoon will be hitting us on friday, cant wait!
Im so glad you are having a good time Ry, and I cant believe you havent come in contact with any mother f-ing cockroaches......nasty buggers! I like you seeing you enjoying this side of the world, cause I know you are a wine and dine guy, and the places and things you have done are so the opposite, i mean, holy crap! you went swimming!!!!!! love you guys....cant wait for the next blog :)

Cutes said...

oh crap...sorry :(

*dalyn said...

surely you got a comp on your room for the soap indecent?

Anonymous said...

Your trip can't be this short!! Looking forward to this last place coming up! If it is anything like these last two it should be unbelievable! Love the robes and slippers to match and the poses of course. You have been spoiled, laundry, room service,flowers freshly picked from your gardens just for you and swimming in your own pool, wow! Can't get any better than that!!! Alex

Walt's Gram said...

Geeze, how funny are you guys!
Imagine ,having your laundry folded like that & placed in a box. Critters & gays too, wow. Nice!
Hard to write when I have a Mr. Trouble up to no good this morning. Quiet=see what he's up to!
It all sounds like a dream vacation to go to Bali. I'll just bet this will not be the last time you go there.
I can hardly wait to see the next pics if it is more lux then these last two.
Ryan, love your picture! Yes, love those poses & robes.
Have so enjoyed this blog, thanks for doing it...
Time to get to walking a certain someone, wish I had a cart!
Love you guys!

Melissavina said...

Grab that soap. It doesn't deserve to stay in Bali.

Patrick said...

Squawking tropical birds or the gays... which have been making more noise to keep you up at night, I wonder? ;)

Ryan--I just know you were watching that Balinese dance routine... all the while twitching as you ran thoughts of hopping the stage in your black beaded hotpants and headdress. :P

Can't wait to see the walkthrough video for your next place!!

Anonymous said...

Just a comment or two;
Is that a scale behind Jess? Have you had the urge to try it out yet?

Ryan: Just because 2 guys are walking down a pathway, does not make them gay. Quit being so judgemental. lol

Still laughing at said blog even after a 2nd read through. Love your sense of humour... XO

Anonymous said...

Big mistake: is that a scale behind Ryan...See you guys are starting to look the same to me.

Gucci Muse said...

well I prefer the first "property"-the beach one-the jungle one is beautiful but it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Those robes look like they belong in the Eddie Murphy movie, coming to America or whatever the hell the name of that movie was.

I like the use of the word "panties" by you- different ;)

and damned those gays! What are they doing there? :)

Can't wait to see your next digs!