Friday, July 16, 2010

Phew! He Can Fart!

Seriously. It was a happy moment when Ry let out a little toot. The sound meant there was no follow through... no more risk of a 'shart.' I, on the other hand, am having to make sure I don't make any 'bubbles' in the pool. Could make for a very dangerous, embarrassing situation.

Last night we went to a Balinese dance. It was actually great, despite the fact that we had to listen to Balinese music (it's starting to become quite taxing). The performance doesn't usually happen on a (here's where I pretend to know what day it is...) Thursday but some rich dude that arrived here yesterday realized he missed it an hired them all to come back. The pictures are terrible and of course, we left the good camera in the room, which seems to be a theme this trip but it will give you a bit of an idea.
After the show, Ry's stomach was still a bit wonky so we went to the room and had dinner there. I had a sandwich and he had ice-cream. It's the only thing he could think of that didn't make him want to wretch. It was beautiful once we got there. They had the lightening set perfectly and had candles surrounding the pool.
Since Ryan was whistlin' Dixie out of his ass this morning, we went for breakfast and headed down to the beach where we spent the entire day. It was bliss. There are a few 'bales' right down at the water where you can basically get waited on hand and foot and there is no requirement to move. Not great for the waistline but I can worry about that when I get home. Apart from a quick walk down the beach, it was lounging, glamour lunch, reading (even Ryan), and snoozing.
The hike back up wasn't as fun but we forced ourselves. We were about to call for a buggy and realized we were being tailed by senior citizens. Motivating, to say the least.
We both managed, somewhere in the last couple of days, to completely fry ourselves. My skin colour went from 'Winterscape'... you know, frosty white with occasional flecks of blue, LOBSTER. I made sure I was in the shade at all times but didn't account for sun reflecting off of water, or something. I can hardly stand the laptop anywhere near my stomach because the heat is enough to send me through the roof.

Tomorrow we leave for the airport. I think we're both ready to go. It's been total heaven but all of my bras don't fit and it's time to reign it in. We've got a long haul ahead of us. Bali to Singapore to Seoul to Vancouver. We've got tomorrow morning and 12 hours in Seoul so I'm sure we'll do another blog posting before we get home.

8 comments:

Walt's Gram said...

Funny as usual, thanks for the morning pick-me-up!
When I read your title, the first thing that came to mind was, "you're talking about Walter"
You write so well, that I feel I am right there with you.
Glad you had a restful, relaxing day, that's what that place looks like it is for. Just do nothing.
Loved the place at night with the lighting & candles, very romantic place.
Sorry to hear you are ready to come home, doubt that it's because you can't wait to get back to work, kind of think it may have something to do with taking my little "angel" back. Gosh, I am dreading that day.
Have a safe flight & looking forward to a little something from Korea.
Love to you both XO

*dalyn said...

i can't believe it's been 3 weeks! holy cow! i'm heading down to your place today and i'll leave the keys at the front desk for you. i'll get you some milk and eggs etc... xo *d

Cutes said...

hey Sharon! you beat me! LOL, man you guys no how to vacay.....what an awesome experience to go through with you guys....i was wondering how on earth you could ever leave that blissful place....to much r and r can get to you i guess. I love the pic of you Ry on the stairs...dont u do the gross grind?? you look winded LOLOL what a gorgeous holiday, and im sorry bout the flight home...yuck, at least you are flying in style, and ummm Jesse? how come your toes arent painted mister?!?!?!
Well will look forward to photos from you trip home....and how they patch the plane together....
hugs and kisses

Gucci Muse said...

Wow, what luxury-I love to lounge-it must have been, so FANTASTIC!

I can't believe your trip was three weeks! seemed like only one-

I don't know how many of those dance routines I could see and the way you describe that music, probably even less than I thought

sad to see it end :(

Anonymous said...

Well glad to hear you are feeling much better what a great place to recover, beach is lovely and private. Looked after your God daughter all day yesterday she is growing and sooo cute. I thought of you as I took her to the conservatory at queen Eliz. park and we were in the jungle. I taught Graye to make a bird sound of a Macaw she can do it. You just say make a bird sound "Caaaa". Well it was a lovely trip while we travelled with you, looking forward to your last blog! Alex

T.B. said...

I loved this trip for you two and me too! xo

Unknown said...

Wow! That beach! Unbelievable. Have a safe trip back home!

Emily said...

That beach setup looks like heaven! Seriously my idea of perfect. I hope you are both feeling deservedly relaxed. There are also a wide range of foundation garments available here in Canada! ;)