Friday, July 18, 2008

Calgary, Alberta

First 1.5 hours of flight time down, 12.5 hours to go. We were originally scheduled to take a 2:30 p.m. flight from Vancouver to Calgary but we could stand being in the house anymore and wanted to get going so we jumped on a noon flight. We are currently hanging out at the Calgary International Airport and watching the lights flicker on and off in the airport lounge due to the massive thunder and lightening storm outside. They keep announcing that they are on red alert and will provide us with information as they get it. Not sure what that means exactly, but we're glad we got here when we did and that we have a couple hours to kill.

Hmmmm.... what to do, what to do...

8 comments:

Melissavina said...

You should get my favorite airport cocktail: Dr. Pleasure. It's diet coke with Disaronno. It seriously tastes like a Dr Pepper. I love them, but for some reason I only order them in airports... could have something to do with the fact that for only a dollar more they'll make it a double. So now whenever I have one I get the feeling I'm about to go somewhere very exciting.

Melissavina said...

And for the record, I invented that drink... so you'll have to explain what's in it when you ask for it.

HopSkipJump said...

Melissavina: Was Dr. Pleasure behind the Houston Airport stories?

Melissavina said...

Dr. Pleasure was definitely involved in the damned Houston Airport, but it was invented back in 2003. I refuse to let Houston ruin my special drink.

*dalyn said...

vodka with a splash of clamato please...

Anonymous said...

Newfie screech of course!

Gucci Muse said...

Cointreaupolitan for sure! OH, and you need snacks.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.