Monday, July 21, 2008

Surprise...NOT!!!

Today was supposed to one of a couple of surprises I had planned for our trip. Last summer while in Italy we attended Mamma Agata's cooking class and it was the highlight of our trip. This trip I booked us into Eveline's Cooking Alaturka and I had planned on surprising Jess with the class today. Well, Jess was apparently "reading the recycling" before we left home and found an email from the cooking school.....so no surprise...oh well, we are still excited about the class. (I do have a surprise planned for Budapest that he doesn't know about) As you can tell from previous posts I'm a bit of a fussy eater and I am hoping that by having my hand in the creation of some Turkish dishes I will feel more comfortable with the food here.

This morning started the usual way...up at 5am and then off for a walk around the city. We wanted to also retake our photo in front of the Blue Mosque as we thought our faces looked too dark and we had finally figured out the flash on our camera.

The good news is the photo is better.
The bad news is Jess tripped over the 1 ft high fence separating the grass from the path and went ass-over-teakettle onto the stone path. His hands and knees are a little worse for wear but thankfully there was not a soul around to witness the event. Unfortunately, this injury puts him at severe risk of picking up an infection at the Turkish Bath. I am a trained professional and know this to be a fact.

We still managed to go on a nice long walk and get some good photos.So we are off to our 4 hour cooking class and have booked tickets to see Whirling Dervishes this evening. Will let you know things go later.

This is what Jess is doing while I write this mornings blog entry:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jesse, your first injury in all the years you 2 have been travelling, so that's not so bad.Seriously, hope all is well.

So, no Turkish Bath, is that what I have gathered from your post? Shucks, I was so looking forward to that entry! Maybe Ryan can go by himself.

Happy cooking, guess it will be Turkish on the Thanksgiving menu this year, whatever Turkish is.

XO to you both

*dalyn said...

oh my GOD i would have loved to seen that fall! are you sure you didn't get those marks from the turkish bath??? hmmm???
pretty ghetto bathroom. xoxo *d

Anonymous said...

I bet Turkish cooking beats Newfoundland cooking!!!

Patrick said...

Whirling Dervishes? I love it! Very Madonna, Bedtime Story! Not that I have that song in MY personal collection (ah, my one Immaculate Collection CD). *Ryan cringes*

Gucci Muse said...

Oh, I do that all the time- whiring dirvish-each morning in fact, once I finish dressing.