Thursday, July 24, 2008

Don't hate on us BUT....

This hotel is sooooo amazing.

I am a bit of a hotel whore and spend tonnes of time before each trip researching where we should stay. I am almost more excited to check out our hotel than I am to see the sites of the city. The Four Seasons at the Bosphorus just opened one month ago so there have been few reviews online or photographs of the property but our expectations were sky high. Well this place has exceeded our expectations a hundred times. It is shocking how huge the grounds are and how many staff there are for a hotel that only has 166 rooms. It is amazing how the Four Seasons trains its staff...whatever the request is the answer is "It would be my pleasure" and then "Is there anything else I could do for you?" and it never feels fake...they really seem to was to please all of there guests. The attention to detail is crazy....the Q-Tips in the jar in the bathroom are arranged exactly the same whether you are here, at the hotel in the old town or Buenos Aires.

We are in the lowest category of room here and the room is lovely. My hotel philosophy is pick the cheapest room in the nicest hotel.



But really this place is more about the facilities than the room.




Having a glamor lunch at one of the restaurants in the hotel. The whole property it clinging to the edge of the Bosphorus and boat come by literally 10 metres from where we are sitting.

After lunch we were off to the pool.

The above picture is not about Jess. Hello!!!

Something that hasn't been seen in about 20 years. Me in a swimsuit (yikes!!) and in the water no less.


Jess had his usual Turkish Breakfast this morning:
And then a little relaxing on the terrace (check out the book he is reading!)





As I write this it is 9am and Jess is back at the pool. He is absolutely loving this hotel. I want to venture off and do some shopping this afternoon but I don't know if I will be able to tear him away. As you know I am all about schedules and seeing the sites but this place is going to be a perfect break after the intensity of the old town.

Time for me to slip back into my swimsuit.

10 comments:

Ashly Star said...

I'm a hotel whore too and that place looks divine! Oh my. Glad you two loveys are having a nice time. =)

Anonymous said...

Ryan, there are supposed to be no schedules while you are staying at this hotel....It looks divine! Enjoy an afternoon by the pool for me!

HopSkipJump said...

Amorous Rocker: It is absolutely spectacular. We went out shopping today and once we got into the swarms of people and honking taxis, it didn't take long to come screaming back to 'the compound.'

Mama Screech: Ry has shocked me with the level of commitment he has devoted to relaxing. Yesterday, he sat by the pool for 3 hours... then went swimming. I don't know this person.

Claire said...

I am totally hating on you. Sorry.

Seriously, that looks amazing. And you're so right...cheapest room in the nicest hotel is always a successful strategy.

Anonymous said...

I am speechless! as well as jealous. That is some place, forget about the sights, just relax.
Who bought the book? Looked at it, put it back.Might have some good dirt in it.Sorry Ry.

HopSkipJump said...

Cdp: Cheapest room in the nicest hotel... and if you book with the same chain time and time again, there is a chance that you're in 'the good books' and are upgraded, free of charge... unless of course, you are at this hotel and half of the Middle Eastern royal families are vacationing here.

Mum's The Word: I bought the book... for Ryan... but I've burned through the 4 others I brought already in the last five days and am forced to read it (I bought another English one at a Turkish bookstore but it's a translation and is super heavy). FYI - It's not worth the money. Christopher Ciccone should stick to interior design.

Melissavina said...

I'll cry if I don't get a stolen bar of soap from that place. I'll just cry.

And please tell us how you feel about Jess reading that book, Ryan. Because I'm inclined to believe that you disapprove.

*dalyn said...

ahhhhh HELLO!!!!? these new hotel grounds look pretty much EXACTLY like my patio and backyard?!? less the massive amazing swimming pool, manicured lawns, granite/marble cover everything, comfy lounge chairs, view of the water, cabana boys, expensive girly drinks and endless fresh fluffy towels... but other than that pretty much the same. you guys just should have come here and shacked up for a week or so. our spair bedroom has pretty much the same layout, but with a few unpacked boxes and different pictures on the wall. oh, and our bathroom is far more spacious.
ryan i love the look on your face in the picture of you in the pool... "ive worked long and hard for this trip and i am THOUROUGHLY enjoying this momment!!!" love it!! and i KNEW jess wouldnt be able to keep his hands off that book! i want it next! dibbs!
miss you two... *d

Gucci Muse said...

That is some breakfast, and there are those snausages again-they look pretty good, too.

So, how are the other guests-anything interesting lounging in the lobby?

I would be basking in the splendor of that pool.....how lovely to be gliding on that water, looking hither to the passing water traffic.

HopSkipJump said...

Melissavina: We are going to need an extra suitcase for all the soaps we have "stolen" so far, there is definitely one for you. Currently doing L'occitane.

Dalyn: It's a date. Next summer, 3 weeks of lounging in your backyard as long as you can offer us cold towels, fresh fruit, evian spray, nuts, olives. That will work right, baby in one arm and service tray on the other. Also, I become a super big tipper after a few drinks.

BOTH Dalyn and Melissavina: I actually want to read the book and Jess snatched it away from me. I am reading a book that I believe both of you could appreciate "Are you there, Vodka? It's me Chelsea" (by Chelsea Handler) Cut to me laying by the pool, headphones on and belly laughing out loud like a lunatic.