Sunday, July 27, 2008

We hate this hotel room

*GASP* I can hardly breathe. I'm feeling claustrophobic... this room is so... tiny.

After the last hotel it is going to be hard to wow us. We are currently staying at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace in Budapest. First impressions are certainly wow worthy, it is a very grand building, the lobby is gorgeous and the staff exhibit the usual Four Seasons attitude. We arrived at 11pm last night (midnight in Istanbul) and were very tired but excited to see our new room. Well look at this "beauty":
Our View!

The room is by far the smallest of the trip so far and has the worst view and we can handle that as we did book the cheapest category in the hotel. What we can't handle is the fact that the bed creaked and squeaked everytime Jess shifted his weight and the air conditioner couldn't get the room cold enough (we like it freezing!). We mentioned our concerns to the front desk and we are being transfered to a new room today (and by "transferred" I hope he means upgraded, fingers crossed).

Don't you feel bad for us?

First impressions of the city as we drove in last night is that it is gorgeous. We are off on a 4 hour private city tour at 10am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure it will be hard to top the last place you stayed at. That was spectacular!

Can't wait to hear all about Budapest. This is fun seeing the world through your eyes.

Love to you both!

Anonymous said...

I love traveling too myself, but I remember staying in this one hotel that smelled, phew! I bet you've got some more horror stories.

Working for Hampton I've heard a few in my day, lol. I love to hear soe more 'cause I love a good laugh

Check out this funny video, called "Ballad of a Traveler":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2tgnUsj8NE>

This guys is F-U-N-N-Y he definitely has been through the wringer.

Sarahb

Anonymous said...

The tv looks a little smallish, no?

HopSkipJump said...

Mum's the Word: I think we have been forever spoiled.

BSarah2000: I'll go check it out.

Mama Screeth: SO TINY. :)