Friday, July 18, 2008

Ladies and Gentleman, This is Your Captain Speaking

What are we, 5 years old and going to Disneyland? We were up at 5:45 a.m. this morning.

So while Ryan finishes packing, I jumped onto the computer and fired up our Rosetta Stone French lessons. We bought the software because we plan on going back to France next year. It came with the lovely headset I am sporting.
I have decided that I am going to bring the headset with me and rely on it solely for my entertainment on the plane. I've come up with several possibilities for the 14 hours of flight time:
1) Pretend it's an archaic bluetooth device and be a 'loud talker' the entire flight.
2) Talk as if I am the pilot.
3) Pretend that it is a direct line to the flight attendants so I can say to the person beside me "Excuse me. I'm supposed to finish your wine. Don't ask me, I'm just doing what I'm told."
4) Act out Madonna videos in the aisles.
Any other suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!

*dalyn said...

go with number 4. ryan can critique you like the judges on 'So you think you can dance'... have funny sweets! *d

Stacey said...

You must act out the Madonna videos and please, please tape it.

Or you could pretend like you're talking to the voices in your head through that thing. That should get you lots of space to yourself on the plane.

Melissavina said...

I vote that you walk up and down the aisles taking food orders and then no matter what they say, abbreviate everything obnoxiously loud into the microphone.

Jay said...

"Tower .. This is Maverick requesting a fly by."

Gucci Muse said...

Damn, your eyebrows look good!