Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A McWord to the McWise

Now, I don't want to sound too glamorous here but I have eaten at McDonald's all over the world. I've eaten everything from a McLobster in Halifax, Canada (pictured) to a McRice Burger in Hong Kong, to something called a McAustralian in Prague. I even had an brief affair with a hamburger topped with kimchi in Taiwan when I was living there.
People, before you waste your $5, let me save you from wondering if you should order 'that crazy special.' It's all CRAP. Ryan always sticks to (not surprisingly) the sure things (he just informed me that he prefers to call them classics. A thousand apologies). I always decide to 'go for it' and order whatever McDonald's has come up with that combines their grade Z beef with the local culture and their food.

What really drove it home tonight was the McTurco. Two patties (lamb perhaps?) wedged into a dry pita with a super sweet, spicy sauce... the same spicy sauce that seeps out of the pores of every sweaty shop keeper I've come in contact with here.
All I'm sayin' is that you can't go wrong with McNuggets. Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

Ewwwww.......... it is all I can say.

And McTURCO? Sounds like a slight to the Turks. Oh!

HopSkipJump said...

Gucci: It sounds and looks better than it tastes... if you can believe that...